Monday, March 8, 2010

Identity

March 8, 2010

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20

When I see myself for who I am there is no question that I am, at my very core, rotten, evil, bad, a sinner, full of hatred, pride, lust, greed. No person is intrinsically good (e.g. you don't have to teach a child to misbehave, lie, be selfish etc). Jesus died on the cross not to make people "good" he died on the cross so that spiritually dead people could live. How does he do this? He comes and lives in the place of your sin, your heart. Have you ever heard a preacher say, accept Jesus into your heart? Jesus literally comes into the place where he said flows murder and sexual immorality and makes his dwelling there.

We are crucified with him in this sense, that he had the most vile person in mind when he made the ultimate sacrifice for humanity. When we accept Jesus into our heart, we die, and Jesus lives. However, most Christians are zombies, the living dead. They are dualistic, not giving it all to him and surrendering their identity to his will.

All the doubts that we have about the Christianity should be overridden by faith in the Son of God who loved us and gave himself for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment