Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Well Said


This entry is a book review for booksneeze.com. You sign up and they send you free books if you promise to review them on your blog. The book I chose was "Where is God" by Dr. John Townsend.

This book helped me through a difficult time. I wondered "Where is God" when my best friend passed away two years ago. He passed suddenly at only 30 years of age. This book helped me to realize that God is still in control and that he still has the best plans for his people.

This book helped me to uncover a truth I should have seen without so many weeks of questioning:

God is no stranger to suffering.

He felt the sting of betrayal when his creation disobeyed and went after pleasure rather than a relationship of trust. He felt the pain, when mankind began worshiping the creation instead of the creator. He wept at the graveside of his friend Lazarus - he felt the sting of the whips the sharp-edge of the spear and the penetration of the nails. God knows suffering as much as he knows grace, love, and peace.

In our suffering we have a God who identifies with us, this brings me comfort and a deeper understanding of the nature of God.

I review for BookSneeze

No comments:

Post a Comment