Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Zombie Nation


I did not intend for my blog to become a dream journal, but I have once again had a dream that has provoked many a thought and could quite possibly be inspired by the Lord.

In this dream I am in a world where zombies have become the dominate species and humans have become their unsuspecting prey. All humans except of course for me, Brandon the Zombie slayer!

Now the only one left alive I must climb to the top of the zombie strong hold and inject the cure, given to me by the top scientist in my field, into the head zombie lord. I do so and he returns back into a normal human being.

I walk outside the stronghold and see everything and everyone returning to normal. I see people walking around and even a woman putting groceries in her car. The sun is out and everything is peachy.

I still felt like a zombie should be around. In my mind everything was not back to normal. I still wanted to hunt and cure but there was no zombies to be found anymore.

Here is what I think the dream meant - When we go through a negative experience in life we think that it is normal. The things that happen to us in our lives help to shape our view of the world and to us that is normal when to someone else it may not be. For example, if someone had an abusive father as a child that child will grow up to believe that all men are like abusive. If male, he may grow up very insecure and maybe have gender identification issues. If female, she may grow up to never fully give herself intimately to a male and choose an alternative lifestyle.

The zombie infestation is an infestation of the dead. Dead hearts, dead minds, dead emotions. What is that experience that has turned you into a zombie in different areas of life? I believe that there was a contrast between the zombie and the lady putting groceries in her car. I believe you could be dead on the inside and look normal on the outside.

I have the cure... take out the syringe and inject Jesus Christ directly into your heart and start the process of turning from death to life. Eat his flesh and drink his blood and become a new creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment