Friday, January 29, 2010

Hearing the Voice of God

January 29, 2010

I have been in several classes where one of the key focuses is learning how to hear the voice of God. Since I have become a Christian and grown in the faith I have learned more and more how to distinguish the voice of God from all the other voices in my head (no I am not crazy; well not clinically). There is still one thing that bothers me, and that is that I can chose whether or not to listen to this voice. I can drown it out with my own rationality and selfish will. I can put the teachings of man as a counter against it and go about my day.

Recently I saw someone walking and I clearly heard the Lord say, "Turn around and give this person a ride." I kept going saying things like, "What will people think if they see me with that person (It was a female and I am married. I understand that this is a good rule to follow, but the Lord told me to??? DE-LIMA!) I also said that whoever it is will be okay without my help, and even prayed for someone else to help!

Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts.. Heb 3:15


Don't wonder what might have been, listen and respond...Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment