Monday, January 25, 2010

My Utmost for His Highest

Hello friends and family!

The next several entries to my blog will be devotional thoughts taken from Scripture and the Oswald Chambers book, "My Utmost for his Highest." Feel free to comment, agree, disagree, add, take away from. This is a learning experience for my internship. Thanks!

January 25, 2010

Do not look for God to come in any particular way, but look for him to come.


One thing that I have learned in my Christian experience is to be expectant. God is not limited to a church building, raising of the hands, or even speaking in a tongue, but when we look beyond the method and expect the God of the method then there is where we truly find him.

I am one to really know what it means to be expecting something. My wife and I are expecting our first child in July. With this expectation comes, questions, fears, hopes, opportunities, and preparations to be made. Our relationship with God is parallel to this. When we expect God to do something we have, questions, fears, hopes, opportunities, preparations to be made. Faith(The evidence of things not yet seen, the substance of things hoped for -Hebrews 11:1) and expectation go hand in hand, but it is us to get a glimpse of what God has in mind before we rush in to tell him what our plans are.

The bottom line is this, Christians should expect God, but not in a ritualistic way.

When God preformed a miracle it usually never happened the same way twice, if ever again. I only know of one account in history that God parted a Sea. I am sure Moses was expecting a miracle.

What are you expecting out of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment