Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Cross

The center of salvation is the cross of Jesus, and the reason it is so easy to obtain salvation is because it cost God so much.

-Oswald Chambers


Salvation is free to anyone and everyone if they put their trust in Jesus Christ as their replacement for the punishment of their sin. For us it is free, for God it cost him everything.

Jesus in Gethsemane had much anxiety about his encounter with death on the cross. The anxiety was not specifically because he feared death or the pain that he would experience, rather it was because of the fact that he knew for a moment he would be abandoned by his heavenly Father. Jesus cried, "My God My God, why have you forsaken me?" In this moment Jesus was stripped of his divinity and he that had no sin was made to be sin for you and me.

Jesus paid it all, all to him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain he washed it white as snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment