Thursday, February 4, 2010

God is Love

February 4th, 2010

Before I decided to put my faith in Jesus Christ I worked in the granite industry. We would make tombstones, and granite monuments. I saw thousands of tombstones with thousands of inscriptions. Mostly names, dates, pictures of praying hands and sometimes of the deceased. Some had bible verses on them, but they never stuck out to me, until one day.

I was pushing a rock up to be crated on a roller system, there was a 5ft black dye (technical term for tombstone) sitting on another set of rollers. The letters were gold and the inscription said this,

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
-1 John 4:16


These words stuck with me for weeks. God eventually showed me that they were true.

There are not many concise definitions for who God is in the Bible, but one of them is that he is the embodiment, the essence, the source, the epitome of love. If you are feeling judgment and condemnation today live in love...live in God...he will live in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment