Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Remember

February 2nd, 2010

Today I was faced with a simple challenge, to remember.

To remember the very first encounter that I had with Jesus Christ. For the sake of disbelief of the reader, I will not describe in detail my VERY first encounter with Jesus Christ. That is something I only share with people who are special to me. I will however describe the feelings that I during this experience.

Imagine the coolest person that you know, the person that you could be around for hours and not mind. That was the feeling that I got. Now imagine that person being taken away from you by people who hated him for no reason except for their own prejudice. A mixture of absolute acceptance and forgiveness followed by total absence and confusion. That was my first encounter.

I remember the smile. I remember the dance. I remember joy. I remember the salvation.

The reason that I do what I do (ministry) is because I remember what he did for me, and I want others to experience this as well. The preceding statement is strange because the first encounter that I had was in the absence of an evangelist. There was no pastor to be found. Only him... nobody draws someone to Christ but Christ.

I remember, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment