Monday, February 15, 2010

Spiritual Leadership

Has it ever dawned on you that you are responsible for other souls spiritually before God?
-Oswald Chambers

This quote by Oswald Chambers is very thought provoking. I agree with it and I also disagree with it. I agree with it in the sense that Christians are responsible for presenting a clear gospel message with their words and life to others. I disagree with it in the sense that people are responsible for their own spiritual well being, and actions.

Spiritual leadership is defined by Henry Blackaby as "Moving people onto God's agenda." Spiritual leader my be responsible for this matter, but you cannot move an immovable object and are therefore not responsible. However, an object in motion stays in motion. It should be a primary goal for an individual Christian to feed themselves spiritually.

When I die I will not be held accountable for the sins of my friends and family, but my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment