Saturday, February 27, 2010

To Trust or Not to Trust

February 26, 2010

We have feelings of distrust when it comes to Jesus. We are rather hurt at the idea that He can do what we cannot.
-Oswald Chambers


Humans: Fail, fail, fall, get back up, fail, test, trial, error, sin, mistake, complacency, failure.

Jesus: Forgive, Forgive, pick up, walk beside, forgive, faith, mature, success, blood, not mistaken, passion, forgiveness.

I am a slave to righteousness, it will not leave me alone. Jesus will not leave me alone. When I sin he is there, when I am at my best my righteousness is still as filthy rags. Everything I have ever done for him, and will ever do is not enough. Jesus is my only hope. I suck without him. I am still a sinner saved by grace through faith in him, there is no other way to be rid of myself but to be in him. My heart is forever wicked, the only thing good about it is him. O Lord save me all over again, a new heart, a fresh wind, save and keep on saving. Hurry do not delay, for I am in anguish and my soul pants for you like a thirsty deer for water.

To trust or not to trust, whom else should I trust? You are my Shepard...I know your voice and it corrects me, calms me, carries me.

No comments:

Post a Comment