Friday, February 19, 2010

Motivation

February 19, 2010

We have to take the first step as if there is no God.
-Oswald Chambers


Motivation is one of the things I struggle with. It is hard for me to be motivated to do the things that I need to do on a normal everyday basis. Time wasters, such as, facebook, video games, and television demand my attention when there is no eternal lasting value in any of them.

The first step to a motivated life is taken by me, of course God is there to help, but my motivation should not depend on him, rather my own human will to get started. There was a man who once said that he, "Was just waiting on the Lord." In response a nearby friend challenged him, "Friend has it ever occurred to you that the Lord is waiting on you?" Motivation is key for the Christian that desires to be used by the Lord in their everyday life. The mind must be set, and the will must be made up to serve God each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment